I know I don’t post enough on here so if you’re dying to read something else I’ve written, here are some posts from the fantastic Book Riot (where I happen to write some articles):
- This was my absolute favorite article to write. You have to read it. Then, when you’re done, tell me about the best reading positions you have and give me ideas for more experiments related to reading. I will totally do it. Just for you.
- You all know that I geocache as a way to explore a new place. Here’s why it might be an activity that appeals to the reader in me, as well.
- If I could think of a way to get paid to do a study on the phenomenon of kids reading to dogs, I totally would. Kids+dogs+reading = ideal subject for me to explore!
- I get it. It’s some sort of art thing, right? Or maybe a comment of how life just ends with no resolution? Or you just couldn’t think of a good way to end your story? Whatever the reason, I hate it when books just end.
- Do you ever watch a movie and think “man, I wish that was a book”? No? Just me? Well, if you do, there’s a website that can help you out.
- I waste a lot of time. A lot of times I waste it doing pointless things (Facebook and TV, I’m looking at you. Sometimes life wastes my time for me. I’d rather be reading.
- I love apocalypse books. Stories set in the afterlife are similar to those apocalypse books. I wish there were more of them.
- A monster’s guide to Columbus? Yeah, I could write that.
- Does anyone ever feel like an adult? I certainly don’t and it has resulted in things like running away from home. I decided I’d try to learn how to be an adult. I’m not sure it went well.
- I don’t want to be one of those “dog people” but I totally am.
- I’m not a great sleeper. It seems like I have something in common with characters in fiction.
- I love lists and spreadsheets and categorizing things. Don’t even get me started about the dorky spreadsheets I have going about our budget, or my clients, or my books. Seriously. I get really excited about them. So having to classify books on a 1-5 scale doesn’t really cut it for me.
- Not gonna lie, I don’t think this story is worth your time. I just happened to read a book set in Spain while I was in Spain but I don’t think I did a great job explaining what it was like. Still, here it is.
- Ugh, my journal. You guys, I am still so upset that it’s gone. I can’t believe I let it go when I knew (oh, I knew) that I should never have let it out of my sight. At least I took pictures throughout the trip. Where would I be without them?
- Clichés exist for a reason, right?
If anyone has an idea for a story related to reading or books (or a book they’d recommend!), let me know! It would be great to get some input and ideas from other readers out there.